The "Bad Word Filter" (BWF) is a profanity/obscenity filter and is exactly what the title suggests: a tool to filter swearwords and other "bad sentences".
There are multiple uses for the "Bad Word Filter" in your projects, but the three most obvious would be user names (e.g. for high-scores), in a chat within the game and character names.
In our library included are the following 24 languages (bad words as regular expressions which matches ten thousands of word variations):
Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai and Turkish.
Furthermore, you can add (or remove) any word and language you'd like!
We also included the following special filters: reserved names (from games, movies, comics etc.), global bad words and emojis (miscellaneous symbols).
Features: Filter function
• Review, select, read and replace:
◦ Bad words and inappropriate phrases ◦ Domains, URLs and email addresses
◦ Excessive capitalization (e.g. "DUDE")
◦ Excessive punctuation (e.g. "!!11111")
• All four filters can be used separately and changed during run-time!
Contains over 4'000 of regular expressions in 24 languages - equivalent to tens of thousands of word variations!
Supports any language and any writing system:
• Arabic, Cyrillic, Chinese, Greek, Japanese etc.
• Including ltr/rtl (left to right/right to left)
• Automated (easy) pluralization of English terms!
Flexible & expandable
• Easy modifications/additions to the existing sources (“bad words”).
• Multi-threaded and lightning fast - even with thousands of words!
• Use the preconfigured providers for resources, files and URLs - or add your own provider (e.g. for XML, JSON)
• Meta data for sources (e.g. descriptions, icons)
• All sources („bad words“) provided!
Documentation & control
• Test all the functions within the editor!
• Powerful API for maximum control!
• Detailed demo scenes!
• Comprehensive documentation and support!
• Full C# source code
• Supports all build platforms!
• Works with Windows, Mac and Linux editors!
• Compatible with Unity 5.6 - Unity 2019
• Works with Online Check
• PlayMaker actions!
We don't refund the PRO-version, since it contains all the source code and we can't be sure that our customers are fair and delete the whole package incl. code.
This website is a participant in the Unity Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program that allows participants to earn commissions by advertising and linking to Unity properties, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that our website have recommended.Clicking these links does not cost extra.
This website is not a corporate affiliate or subsidiary of Unity and this site is not endorsed by Unity. “Unity” is a trademark or registered trademark of Unity Technologies or its affiliates in the U.S. (Unity®) and other countries. (or such other notice as separately indicated by Unity)