UModeler is a Unity extension to empower you to model and prototype easily and quickly. With UModeler, you can craft a static mesh asset as well as prototype a game level without any other external DCC tools. Moreover UModeler supports not only modeling with gizmos but also sketch-based modeling, which enables you to draw a 2D shape on a plane and make it 3D shape in intuitive ways. Any polygon is automatically triangulated to be fed to a rendering pipeline even though it has holes inside. It’ll save a lot of your time. UModeler consists of about 90 tools for modeling, which will make creating, transforming and editing your model a breeze in Unity.
What you can do with UModeler
• 3D Modeling from a low poly mesh to a rather complicated mesh.
• Modifying a mesh with Meshfilter component.
• Texture Mapping with UV Editor.
• 2D Drawing.
• And more.
Powerful and various modeling tools are provided as follows.
• Translation/Rotation/Scale of Vertices/Edges/Polygons with gizmos
• Curved shape modeling with Bevel and Follow Tools
• Parameter-based primitive shapes to enable you to make a shape having whatever size you want.
• Push/Pull tool to enable you to create a 3D shape from a face and cut a 3D shape.
• Repair tools - Eraser, Bridge Fill, Collapse, Align, Flip, and Flatten tools.
• Merge tools - Combine object/polygon/vertex, Boolean tools.
• Mirror tool - Every modification will be mirrored to the other side of the mirror plane.
• Selection tools - All/None, Isolated, Loop, Ring, Invert, and Increase tools.
• Cutting Tools - Cut, LoopSlice and Clip tools.
• Surface Tools - Material, UV Transform, and Smoothing Group tools.
UModeler comes with powerful and intuitive drawing tools to create a 2D shape beyond a triangle and a quad. Both novice and advanced users will love the ability to draw any polygons even with holes.
• Automatic and smart triangulation with no creation of additional vertices.
• Simple polygon based topology(Click here to know Simple Polygon more).
• Snap to a specific point for precise drawing.
• Line, Parallel Line, Arc, Rectangle, Rounded Rectangle, Disk, and Side Stair drawing tools are provided.
• Handy Inset tool which enables you to draw a smaller or bigger version of a shape keeping the two shapes equidistant from each other. Multiple inset is supported as well
• ProBuilder - Neat conversion of ProBuilder mesh
• Surforge - PBR Texturing can be done immediately with UModeler and Surforge combination.
UModeler is equipped with core functionalities for UV Mapping.
• UV/Edge/Polygon/Island transform with Translate/Rotate/Scale/Rectangle gizmos.
• Plane/View and Cube unwrapping.
• Auto detection of overlapped edges.
• All/None, Invert and Loop selection tools
• Flip, 90 Rotate and Alignment tools.
• Sew and MoveSew tools.
• Collapse tool.
With the modeling and drawing tools introduced above, prototyping is no problem.
SEAMLESS MESH EDITING
A mesh imported from other DCC tools can be modified and edited just by adding the UModeler component.
This website is a participant in the Unity Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program that allows participants to earn commissions by advertising and linking to Unity properties, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that our website have recommended.Clicking these links does not cost extra.
This website is not a corporate affiliate or subsidiary of Unity and this site is not endorsed by Unity. “Unity” is a trademark or registered trademark of Unity Technologies or its affiliates in the U.S. (Unity®) and other countries. (or such other notice as separately indicated by Unity)